Friday, September 25, 2009

inspired... miroslav sasek





As you have probably guessed, I am a lover of vintage childrens books, especially those created during the mid 2oth century. Here is my latest obsession... Miroslav Sasek. I have admired these books for ages and finally bought one (The is New York) for my Archer's 1st birthday in July. I found this decision of which fabulous book in the series to choose quite easy. This is because a. New York would have to be my favourite city away from home (and am devastated to think I was last there 10 years ago... goodness...), b. I want to buy all of them anyway and c. everyone loves a fireman!! ;) Nick and I hope this obsession will spark a love of travel and different cultures in our boys.

Oh, and how cool is it that there's one on Australia.... I mean it was produced and thousand years ago...... I think I will order it next. xxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I love the childish innocence that seems to seep through the images. Being from Australia, I strongly recommend buying that one! Thanks for the great images.